|Agency Profile | Philadelphia Nanny | Links | Questions To Ask | Nanny vs. Daycare | Screening Process | Areas | Request Services | Testimonials | Customer Service | Employment|
Each ABC Philadelphia Nanny Has
|Home > What to Ask Your Philadelphia Nanny > Sample Interview Questions
Sample Interview Questions to Ask Your Philadelphia Nanny
First, one of ABC Nanny Source Placement Counselors will schedule an over the phone initial interview with the applicant. The initial interview will last approximately 30-45 minutes in most cases, and will determine whether the potential applicant will be eligible for a face-to-face interview. Many applicants who do not have enough prior experience are unable to continue because they do not meet the standards ABC Nanny Source has set forth. The following is a brief example of just a few of the questions that are typically asked on the initial interview.
2. Is your experience recent?
3. Was this a permanent or temporary position?
4. How many families have you worked for?
5. Are these families able to be contacted as references of your prior experience?
6. What did you like best about being a caregiver?
7. Are you looking for a permanent or temporary position?
8. What are your feelings on discipline?
9. How would you describe the role of a Nanny?
10. What experience or credentials can you offer to ABC Nanny Source families that differentiate you from other applicants?
11. Do you feel comfortable knowing that many of our families have monitoring cameras to supervise what is being done during the daily activities?
12. Are you willing to be CPR Certified for Infants and Children if offered to join ABC Nanny Source?
13. Are you able to under-go drug testing within 72 hours?
14. Where do you live? How long have you resided at this location? How far would you be willing to travel for your Nanny position?
15. Are there certain times of the week when you would be unavailable to work? If so, when? Why?
16. When would you be available to start?
17. If you were offered a position through one of ABC Nanny Source families, would you be able to commit to at least a one-year term?
If the applicant has passed the initial telephone interview questions, ABC Nanny Source will schedule the candidate to come in for a face-to-face interview with a placement counselor. The face-to-face interview usually lasts about two hours. Notice here a few sample questions that may be asked during this interview period. Please also visit our 10 Step Screening Process, which gives a complete explanation of the process.
2. Tell me about your educational background that pertains to your role as a Nanny?
3. What do you think is the most important part of being a successful Philadelphia Nanny?
4. Are there any kinds of children’s disabilities you wouldn’t feel comfortable working with?
5. What would you say is your best quality? Worst quality?
6. How do you think your prior employers will describe you in regard to punctuality, organization, personality, and professionalism?
7. What activities do you feel should be done regularly as a Nanny? Reading? Helping with Homework? Cleaning? Driving? Are there certain tasks you would not feel comfortable doing? If so, why?
8. Please tell me about your salary expectations.